Monday, June 8, 2026

The DreΔmer

A quick delta class lifting heavily from Austin Walker's Realis. Take it as a starting class, or add it to a pre-existing character for a different kind of narrative arc. It should comfortably layer on top of whatever dice-based resolution mechanics you're already using.

by Studio Ghibli


Δ: Set off on a grand adventure with a band of allies.

Thesis
Choose 4 Sentences from the list below. Each Sentence starts at Reality 1. Whenever you make a roll that would dramatically assert the truth of one of your Sentences, you may retry the roll a number of times equal to its Reality. If the end result is still a failure, mark the Sentence, and automatically fail any rolls that would assert the truth of that Sentence until you next rest. You cannot call upon a Sentence that has been marked 3 times.

Realization
At any time, you may Realize a Sentence that has been marked 3 times. To do so, remove the marks and rewrite it to become more specific or conditional, and then increase it's Reality by 1. You cannot realize a Sentence past Reality 4.
(ex: I am always intangible. -> I am always intangible in the sunlight.)

Retirement
Any Reality 4 Sentence with 3 marks is immediately Retired, reverting to Reality 1 and being rewritten to the past tense version of its original form. You cannot Realize a Retired Sentence. Once all 4 of your sentences retire, your character becomes an NPC.


Sentences
1. I always learn though violence.
2. I always win a one-on-one fight.
3. I always have the determination to continue.
4. I always amaze with my mastery of the magical.
5. I always know how to ritually summon the power of the moons. 
6. I always hear the whispers of countless daemons.
7. I always know the old words.
8. I am always intangible.
9. I always coat my blade in a useful poison.
10. I always have a solid alibi.
11. I always communicate in compelling ways.
12. I always find the right way through or around.
13. I always carry a satchel of alchemical supplies.
14. I always get my point across.
15. I always wear prestigious attire.
16. I am always quick in wit and bone.
17. I always have the wealth of my inheritance.
18. I always do what is asked of me.
19. I always remind people of their origins.
20. I always have a trick up my sleeve.

 by Kentaro Miura

(Designer's note: go check out Realis!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

GLÅUGUST26: Nobody

For week 1 of GLÅUGUST , "Sequel to a Blogpost from Last Year ". To be played as an interruption. by katkeyboardmastah